SCHOOL COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Administrative Regulation Title: Use of George Daily Community Auditorium Code No. 1004.2A
- General Provisions
- The George Daily Community Auditorium is available for rental by all individuals, groups and organizations except those excluded under Iowa Code Section 297.11.
- A fee structure for rental of the facilities is established because tax money cannot be used to support non-school groups and to provide for the operations of the facility.
- Rental fee amounts will be calculated based on the following considerations:
- Facility Rental based on the cost of the structure and comparative rental amounts charged by other Auditoriums.
- Long Term Maintenance to provide for funding of major long term repairs such as roof replacement in 25 years.
- Utilities including electrical, gas and telephone.
- Equipment supervisor to be responsible for the sound, video, lighting and mechanical systems being used.
- Custodial services for custodian to be on duty during the rental period, for set-up if necessary and for clean-up.
- Insurance to be carried by the school.
- Food and beverage consumption will not be allowed only in the Community/Board Meeting Room, Black Box, and Shop areas of the building.
- Facility rental fees shall be:
Auditorium: $50.00/day or 10% of ticket sales, whichever is greater.
Black Box: $25.00/day up to a maximum of $75/wk. or 10% of ticket sales (performances in the Black Box), whichever is greater.
Community/Board Meeting Room: (To be determined by the school).
In addition to the above rental fees the following fees apply:
Equipment Supervisor: $20.00/hr. (may substitute G.D.C.A. Technical Crew members @ $7.00/hr./crew member.
- Damages to structure, equipment or furnishings:
Individuals, groups and organizations that rent or use the Auditorium, Black Box or Community Meeting/Board Room will be held financially responsible for any and all damage caused to the structure, equipment or furnishings over and above what would be expected during normal use.
- Unsafe Operation of Engines and Equipment:
Individuals, groups and organizations that rent or use the Auditorium, Black Box or Community Meeting/Board Room shall not operate internal combustion engines or any of other equipment that may be considered hazardous inside any part of the facility.
Approved: April 13, 2004
Reviewed: November 13, 2012